Friday, September 14, 2012

Little Pirouettes Interview/Music


Hot off the fucking presses! It's Little Pirouettes, a sick band from Philly, and definitely something worth seeing. With awesome guitar parts, and vocals shying away from the wailing Pierce usually does, a very great listen! Please support this new band, and keep them going longer than Teens and Trucks. 

1. Where did the name Little Pirouettes come from?

I was in a band called Little Kingdoms and scotty did a bunch of stuff under the name pirouette. We started jamming last year it just seemed to fit

2. How long have you been in the band? Who does it consist of?

LP is scotty, pierce, and I. We all started playing in the fall of last year

3. The LP is definitely pretty new, are you working on just playing shows or a small tour?

Yeah. We've been playing shows on and off for a little bit around philly, which has been sweet! Tour is very possible.

4. What made you guys want to start up the band in the first place?

I guess I was just trying to play some music with people.

5. One thing I love about the songs are the lyrics, How are these written? In Hard Guy, they repeat, I can't see myself, seeing myself. Such a good line, are they all from personal experiences?

Pierce and I lived in the same dorm building last year, we would get together and write all the time. That line in Hard Guy is confusing haha, but it's kind about trying to be a better person and not knowing where to begin. All the songs on Weed Debts relate to our lives.

6. What goes into making a song? Do all of you guys just sit down and put it together, or is it piece by piece? Is it Pierce on bass, you singing and guitar, and scotty on drums?

It's probably a good mixture of all that. Whether it was pierce showing us something, me sharing a riff, or scotty just playing a cool beat. A lot of times Pierce and I would jam acoustically when we were bored and then we'd take the stuff we liked to Scotty. I guess most of it is put together piece by piece.

7. The band is somewhat newer, how much longer can we expect to see new stuff from Little Pirouettes? Do you see it lasting a lot longer?

I have no intention to stop playing with these guys, they rule. We're writing a bunch of songs at the moment. You will definitely see them on some sort of release in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment