Monday, September 3, 2012

Rookie Town Music

Rookie Town -- Sink

Rookie Town was a band who found me, rather than having me find them.  Their dog filled tumblr followed me, and I checked out their music.  I must have listened to their On Fallen Logs EP on repeat for a couple days, and their song Breathe remains one of the most played songs on my iPod.

I love Rookie Town's vocal style.  Their songs often feature distinct foreground and background parts, which blend together seamlessly, a mix of singing, coarse shouts, and chants, leaving me unable to choose which vocal part I want to sing along with.  Their vocals are complimented by steady percussion and interesting guitar parts.  The only thing I disliked about the EP was it's length, falling under ten minutes in length.

Rookie Town is a band who desperately needs a full length.  They've said that it's coming, hopefully on vinyl, and I absolutely cannot wait!

You can download the On Fallen Logs EP and the 4 track demo that Rookie Town is ashamed of here

No comments:

Post a Comment